22.2.11

Baby Greta's Arrival - Labour Delivery Photographer

This is why I have been absent to my blog among other things. I went to visit my little brothers family. Conor and Katie were expecting there second baby girl and with a touch of false labour my parents and Felix and I jumped in the car and drove through the night to get to Denver. Just 4 days after we arrived Baby Greta Elizabeth was born weighing 5lbs 1oz.
I have been longing to take labour and delivery pics. I've tried and babies keep coming too fast or ending in emergency c-sections! But not this time. This time I was there beginning, middle and end. It was beautiful. Not only was this an amazing creative opportunity for my photography, but it was also an amazing gift for Conor and Katie to allow me in the room for Greta's birth. I cannot describe how it felt to be present for a birth where I wasn't the one pushing! Katie had such strength and beauty as she brought Greta to us. Those first cries will always be one of my favourite sounds. Here is a witness of this beautiful Journey.......
And the waiting began...... Nana and Papa were so anxious to meet little Greta! This little girl is so loved!!

Being there for the birth of my niece, and now my namesake, was an important, life changing experience. Thank you Conor, and thank you more then you know Katie. I love you guys!

More of Greta to come..........
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING YOUR LABOUR PHOTOGRAPHED. Info on my sidebar

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorites are the 2 B/W (#18-19th I think) right after Conor holding Katie's hand- perfectly captures the last moments of delivery, the effort, focus, pain, joy, relief ... and more, all rolled into one.
What a wonderful record for Conor and Katie to have of the moments and emotions leading up to Greta's arrival.
She is so precious! Love her teensy little hand holding onto her Daddy's finger. Still can't get over how small she is!
Can't wait to see more!
Love
Mom

Stacey said...

Beautiful and moving pictures, Liz. There is so much emotion and beautiful moments captured. Good job!

Sarah said...

These pictures really moved me. They are so beautiful! As is Katie, like is it really possible to look that good while giving birth? Wow!

B. said...

Hey are amazing. I had the privilege of photographing the birth of twins once and it was so beautiful. Great photos as usual.

Anonymous said...

oh Liz! Well done. These are amazing. I love every inch of all of them. I tried to start picking favorites but the list grew to all. What a moment to be part of. So happy you made it and that they have these to treasure the moment. You are great.

love catherine nicole

Kyle and Pam said...

They are absolutely beautiful pictures Liz! You brought tears to my eyes, they were all amazing!

LassieCat said...

this is outstanding liz. truly. i keep going back to look at them over and over and am moved further and further each time. to me, you are an artist first, photographer second. i get to say that, i was there when you drew the hand with the mistaken extra finger :), which is also a fantastic piece of art. i love that you've shown the truth and the beauty of such a sacred experience as giving birth. all of katie's beauty and courage comes through your lens. i'm in awe. SOO good friend. SOOOOO good.

ESTHER BEAZER said...

so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love every one, to hard to pick just a few! You are amazing Liz! A great photo memory for Conor, Katie and Holly and one day greta herself!!!!<3 X00X00 love Aunt Bunny.